Thursday, February 28, 2013

Days 14-16 of Lent: Doors opening and closing

Over the past 3 days my eyes have been open and I have been trying to see the amazing plans God has laid out for me. I guess the inspiration for this blog began with a phone call from my tia on Monday while I was waiting to see the doctor.  She told me, "Little one always remember, when one door closes another one opens."  I told her I wasn't for sure what she meant but, I know God had her tell me that for a reason.

As several doors have been closing, I have been uncertain about why they have been yet,  I have been seeing new doors open and new opportunities coming my way. I may not know what lies behind the doors but, I know with God by my side I cannot worry about what's behind the door and just open it.  With each opportunity, something anew will be starting.  We may not always be able to see however, when the time is right, God will show it to us. The hardest part of letting doors close and new doors open is just the thought of letting go.

Often, we are so impacted by what happens when we open doors we don't know what do when it's time to let those doors close.  A part of you may want to hold on to pieces of the past but, deep down we know, God has sent a person or people into your life to deliver a message or two and you have been given the tools  and instructed needed to progress in life.  Just don't be afraid when the new door opens.  You may never know what God has planned for you.

More importantly, understand this thought.  Nothing in life is an accident.  God has a perfect plan for everything.  Be not afraid and trust in him.  If you're worried about something, give it to God and pray to him about all the things you need to open that new door.  He'll show you everything and provided for you everything you need!

No comments:

Post a Comment