Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day 7 of Lent: Forgiveness


I know it's not the end of the day but, while I'm on fire and have God tugging at my heart I wanted to share my word of the day!

As  I was completing my workout today by biking my 2.5 miles, just forgetting about the intensity of weight training and what not, I thought about my morning devotional speaking on the discussion of forgiveness and prayer.  I'll be the first to admit, if anyone saw me up until about 9:30 or so this morning, I looked drained and needed something.  God knows that is true.  I felt emotionally, spiritually, physically, and mentally drained.  I had been holding in all of the chaos and mess of almost 72 hours.

I remembered what I had read during my devotional.  I remember reading about the power of forgiving others and forgiveness.  It's probably the hardest thing for anyone to do or to understand but, it's possible.  Sometimes we find ourselves so drained with trying to figure things out and trying to just find out a way to sort things out.  Often we're blaming ourselves or others for everything.  However, the best possible thing is to learn to forgive.

Many times we're blinded by our own guilt, worry, or other emotions.  Sometimes we don't realize how much harm this is actually doing to us.  The best thing for us to do is to talk to God about and seek forgiveness.  The moment you do, your heart will be lift and your soul will begin to fill joy again.

Why would you want that grey cloud of unhappiness hanging around your head?

No comments:

Post a Comment