Sunday, February 3, 2013

It's Not Over! Reflecting on 2013 Collegiate Championships!

Words cannot express what I'm feeling right now.  My time here in Liberty has been unexplained in words! Competing today against some of the most beautiful twirlers from across the country has allowed me to understand that when you do love something, your passion for it will show and God will allow me to make a difference.  However, I'm really unsure what difference I can be making.

Out on the competition floor, even pulling of 3 no drop routines, thanks to God's amazing grace, for some time I had forgotten I was 24 years old (the oldest competitor at the competition), dealing with my plantar fasciitis and my knee, my mom asking if I still had the bruise on my back from earlier in the week, or how I'm just now regaining my strength and skills. It was about working with God, glorifying him and remember why I started twirling 13 years ago!  By the end of the competition, I knew God had me compete for a reason.  Sometimes I wish everyone back home could have been able to embrace this experience with me.

Speaking of embracing things, when I was watching HPU take on TLU in Seguin I got a surprise from my parents. They drove from Stockdale to Seguin to come out and support guys. Another surprise, as I was watching the player who is my upcoming feature, at times I just wanted to keep telling him, don't give up, you're one fire, and I know that you LOVE the game. When the clock read about 4:38, the guys were in the huddle and he said, "Guys there's still 5 minutes on the clock. It's not over." All I could think in my mind and heart was, God you've really blessed this team with a great guy, even though I barely know the guy.  If only he could see how he's making a difference in so many lives.  Little does he realize, his words are really powerful!

Last night the priest tells us, "If you love something, it'll show, and you'll be able to make a difference."  I am not for sure what God had in store for me to learn for it but I took so much away.  I know those awesome words were used in my performance today!  Ironically, at the end of my last routine, another twirler's mom told me that seeing me perform gave her chills and knowing my story really made a difference. She closed by asking me where did I receive my inspiration and I said really through the holy spirit but, before I left on Thursday night, I heard someone say, "it's not over." She said she got chills.

Knowing that God had plan for me to be here and he knows I am what I've overcome, and God knows exactly what is suppose to happen. NOTHING is an accident!! I still can't believe how it felt competing today.  I thank so many people more than they know.

I know a part of me wants to tell me my story but, I do know that God has a plan.  I just can't wait to see what's in the cards next!




No comments:

Post a Comment