Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day 1 of Lent: It's time for Repetence and Change

I can't exactly tell you what's been going on in my crazy mind. I know that I've been talking with my adoptive mama at Church and my wonderful sister in Christ about a little situation I've found myself in. I've found myself challenged, baffled, and unsure of what God has had me going through.  For a moment in time, I had been uncertain of why a lot of this was happening, especially at the time of Lent.  As I tried to find myself coming out of a state of uncertainty and being prepared to walk away from something, I was shocked into a deep reality.

Before Mass tonight, I was reminded that God uses people to help each other and that through the Spirit we are capable of showing love and compassion towards one another.  Typically, those two qualities are something that is NOT normally shown. When they are, people can get scared and want to push you away.  However, we have to look deep down and see what we want to do about it. It then hit me, I wasn't ready to walk away and I needed to stop running.

Sitting in Mass tonight, Father Francis hit so much on the head.  He reminded us, the ball is in God's court NOT our court. Yet, we have to understand once we decide to follow Jesus, there is NO turning back, forward ever, backwards never. 

Lent is a time for change and repentance. This is a time for us to change our way of thinking, for us to be change, for use to do the cleansing of our hearts and soul.  We're suppose to go from not being loved to love and from hate to love.  However, if we want to be able to receive help, we must be worthy.

This is a time to let a new heart be created in me. We can be sinful and still be unworthy but, we can ask God to have mercy on us. Still we need to see to live in sin is to live a dirty life because only God can purify it all.  God can clean us of all those impurities we have.

So where does all the change in us begin? Our hearts/

This is the time to search you heart.  Find out what you've done. Put everything into perspective. Give it all to God.  The change we want to occur can only happen if want to be save and dwell with God. Only Sins are barriers to be a dweller with the spirit.

As humans, we are to show every sinner compassion, kindness, and love BUT we have to pray that they acknowledge the truth. The truth is we can't be living in sin.  We all must repent and believe in the Gospel. 

Here's a little news flash for ya:

TOMORROW WILL BE TO LATE TO CHANGE!!
TODAY IS THE TIME TO CHANGE!!

We should always live each day for him and keep it Holy.  We have to praise Him and glorify him. This is a time for prayer and almsgiving.

Deep down we have to tell our bodies, appetites, and desires that we are in control. God wants a change in all of us. He wants us to change from doing evil to good.Find out bad habits and change them.

Think about this to yourself:

Where am I?
Where do I want to be?
Where does God want me to be?

How are each of these 3 yeilding towards each other. They must have oneness with each other.

Take this time over the next 40 days to grow in your friendship with God. Understand we are only visitors here. Think of what we can do to better ourseleves.

Remember this:
Love yourself and Love your neighbor.


Craziest part of this whole msg is I really wish there was a friend of mind who could have heard it. I know they would have truly benefited from it.

Later this evening I learned that in your life you never really realized who influences you and who you inspire and influence.  It's so amazing how God works.

Many Blessings!

Matt 5:15-16

No comments:

Post a Comment