Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day 8: Know who you are

As I prepared for the 8th day of Lent's blog, I wasn't for sure what to write about. I kept on thinking how maybe I'm not exactly the best person for providing my own two sense about things however, I realized I cannot give up.  As my tia always tells me "Little one, you can't give up now.  Don't ever give up on something you start, even if you come back to it later."  Thinking about how I almost lost her 7 years ago, I'm searching my heart for the right words and putting my hands in God.

Today I found myself getting back to a new swing of things and spending more time with God.  God's love is so amazing and he's constantly with us all the time.  Sometimes we forget how amazing we are and beautifully unique you are. Regardless of what the world around you might think, feel, or believe, you have to understand God has created you the way he has wanted you to be!

I know I've been walking around like a sad cat unlike the complicated, crazy, hot mess of a Tigger that my mama and adoptive mama have often called me.  A part of me may have wanted to wailer in my own distress but, I guess God didn't want me to hide from a world who called me crazy, psycho and few other names.  There's no one to blame for their misunderstandings and their choosing not to get to see past the surface.  You just have to continue walking tall, with your head held high, and smile on your face because you know who you are.

I say to you, look deep down in your heart.  Know who you are.  Discover the amazing and beautiful person God has created you to be.  Take the time out to tell him thank you for the 1001 blessings that he has presented in your life.  Stop worrying what the world around you believes, thinks, or feels about you.  So what if people don't like you.  The main question is, do you like yourself?


No comments:

Post a Comment