Friday, March 16, 2012

Days 23-24: Family- the people they are and the lessons we learn

There is a reason why I had to take 2 days to write about this topic.  Family isn't something that I could just think about in a day.  As I allowed my mind to wonder from two different part stores and working with a different group of people, I thought about what I could blog to you about.  Family! 

Family is something that many of just think of as the people that we share a name with or genes with however, Family is much more than that.  Family is where you heart is out.  When you can really be yourself.  People who can help you grow and learn.  A place where safety and security is sought.  Nevertheless, where you are valued. 

Family is a blessing, a gift, a valuable treauser that we could never barter or give away.  Each of us are each placed in different types of familes.  They can be at work, school, in organizations, or any place you go.  They are not just our biological/adoptive families or greek familes. 

From the crazy adventure that I've been traveling on in the past few days with members of my corporate family, I've been able to learn and develop in ways that no one could have ever told me.  Sometimes we are placed with people we don't always get along with or people who we really aren't that comfortable with.  Yet, there is always that one person who will always make you feel welcomed and that one person always watching out for you. 
Then when you get back home, you've got those people you can laugh and joke with.  That's the beauty of family.

No comments:

Post a Comment