Saturday, October 13, 2012

What are your priorities? Who is your priority? Reflections of 2 readings and a Gospel!

Tonight sitting at Mass, I was sitting at Mass listening to the Father at St. Margaret Mary's back in San Antonio, after trying to run around trying to find an idle pulley assembly for my poor JJ. Yes last night trying to back up out of the parking lot from meeting my parents for dinner in Floresville, I heard a pop and I knew it.  Any who if knows me, I have been spending the past 3 months preparing for my first major competition after recovering from a knee injury and deciding that yes, I'm bound and determine to get a 2nd chance in one of the most craziest sports a girl could could be in- baton twirling.

Father begin with a story of an Olympic athlete- training to have the opportunity participate in the Olympic games. The athlete arrives at the games, performs his or her routine, awaits for the the judges to present their score. At that moment, the athlete is thinking all the training and practice that went into that moment is about to be challenged by a set of scores. Moments late, the scores are reveled, sometimes the athlete advances to the finals, the athlete podiums, or the athlete goes home with the feeling of failure and unable to receive the desires of his or her heart because of lacking something.
The athlete comes back to America completely CRUSHED! As in life, we have times when we've been told we're lacking something and we become completely devastated.

In our lives we're faced with choices from God. We have to see that it is important that we let things go and actually doing what he's asking.  We have take the opportunities that God presents us with.  There are preconditions of discipleship with God, trusting God with any and everything.  We all need and must trust God. The question is, do we all trust and truly follow Christ.

Here's a thought from scripture, the book of Wisdom to be exact: Nothing is a priceless, more beautiful than the who has a pure heart and is able to see the true treasure is in heaven. Also understand he loved her more than light, gold, and silver.

All of us have things we hold as treasures  yet, do we have our proprieties in line? What are your priorities in life? What are you willing to give up? Are you willing to accept the uniqueness of life because you are unique? In order to see God's plan fully you must show trust in him and make him and Jesus your top priority in life.

At the end of Mass, this woman behind me tells me, "Never let anyone tell you your heart isn't pure, beautiful  and your song you're singing is a way for God to allow you to touch live. He has given you a amazing gift and you're extremely beautiful. May you keep on touching lives and I just know he blessed you in so many ways and you have the ability to touch lives and hearts. Never lose your purity."


She made me think about what someone once told me, Never make someone a priority when they are only making you an option. I had been told that 4 years ago, and I had completely forgotten about that. I've realized here lately, I feel that is what I've been doing. Therefore, I believe God had me be there at that Mass for several reasons. So time for some re-prioritizing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment