Monday, October 15, 2012

Hiding from the Spotlight: A J Ko Song


Hiding from the Spotlight
By J.Ko 10/15/2012

Every single day
I walk down the road
Thanking God for all my blessings
Some I don't deserve I believe
Yet I know God has His plan
And will prove me with all I need
Oh..Oh..Oh..
I couldn't ask for more
But there's just one thing
I wish I could burst out singing

Chorus:

Underneath my baby blues
Lies a mystery awaiting to be unveiled
A mystery to a world
Full of love, life, Christ, and so much more
A heart full of purity and Gold
All it takes is a little time
Out of your busy life
To sit down and engage in getting to know
The not so mysterious and complicate girl
I am acclaimed to be
Though I may no publicly show my ultimate feelings
Privately I'll let you know
Exactly what I'm truly thinking, feeling, and beleivin'
I just want to hide it all away form the spotlight

Vs. 2
People pass me by
I flash them a simple "Hi" or "Hello"
With a Southern smile
Showing my Texan hospitality
That I've been raised on
Never letting them see
I'm flying on the edge of my seat
Seeing where God's takine me
On my 2nd chances
On this bless road of redemption (yeah)
Because

(Chorus)

Vs. 3
It's hard to show the truth
Of what has held me back
When I'm ready to leave it all
In Yesterday
Forgetting the pain
Of every heartache and devestation
The hurt and the scars
Finally overomcing all my fears
Putting myself back together
Being able to feel again
And know it's possible to let someone in
But only time can tell
So open up your eyes to see
I just need you to be patient and understanding
Willing to take that chance
Seeing

Chorus

Vs 4
I know I may come across
As one heck of a mess
Complicated and confusing at times
Please don't be scared
I'm not trying to intimidate anyone
Pushing anyone away
Or make someone go runnin'
It's just all of this is so new
Hopefully the world can understand that
I don't want to my heart on my sleeve
I just am ready for the changes
God has in store
Not trying to be in the spotlight (spotlight)
As I'm living out my dreams
Can you see

Chorus x 2

Hiding from the Spotlight.... yeah.....

No comments:

Post a Comment