Wednesday, September 19, 2012

More you discover, you discover.. Mind BLOWING Mystery!

Sitting in Biblical Interp today, a class which my mind tends to do more conversational with God then it does paying attention to Dr. Allen here lately but, today I was zoned in.  He hit home with me when he began starting his lecture series on the qualifications for an interpreter.  He began with having reasoned faith.

He started by staying faith is not the end of things. Furthering on, he began explaining the heremeneutical spiral, knowing more.  I had to sit and question him several times.  He said "More you discover, more you discover there are things out there to discover."  I thought this man was insane.  I asked him again to repeat it, he said the exact same thing.  He continued to say, once you start at a certain point, you discover something, there's no turning back. This is your discovery.  Using your own reason, source, etc. to interpret 
The more you know, the more mystery.  The more faith required.  However, the truth will set you and the idea of knowing everything locks you up.

Alright I'll admit, 24 hours prior to hearing my GAC advisory member say these words, I was like a walking zombie, trying to solve the worlds greatest mysteries, loving my research, and trying to just blend in, be normal and do me- school, church, twirl, work, and count down til I can go home to see my family.  BUT this was rocking my mind to outer space.  What he was saying was what I had been trying to do already on some of my research and real life cases.  I've already been trying to see things differently and things.

By the end of class all I could think was "WOW Dr. A, I can't believe how God was speaking to you and letting you instruct us."  The crazy part is, he turned to recite part of my favorite verses from scriptures- 1 Cor. 12:31-13:13:
When I was a child, I used to talk as a child,
think as a child, reason as a child;
when I became a man, I put aside childish things.
At present we see indistinctly, as in a mirror,
but then face to face.

I thought this man was crazy!

After saying the verse he said, you're no longer thinking like a child, you're thinking more in a mature mindset.
Funny how God and the way he prepares us for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment