Sunday, September 23, 2012

Converstations for another time

How can I say it to you
I'm scared and afraid
I've been finding a way to runaway from you
To revert back to the ways of education, faith, and sport
To avoid the idea of our paths never crossing
To never have to face you again
To admit to you this

You drive me crazy
Sometimes when I think I've got it all figured out
I've tried to figure you out
I've tried to crack the code
I tried to turn you into a piece of my work
Because I didn't know anything else
Yet, deep down with you
I failed to see the truth
Since I apparently think too much

Maybe it took me get hit by a ton of bricks
Or attempting to seeing the darkness turn to light
But I finally see through the broken pieces
As they come together to
To make a beautiful piece of God's art
To see the little things can matter
To understand how simple kindness
Is powerful and meaningful

For so long I let the world
Try to control the way
I should be swayed
Instead of listening to my heart
And hearing what God was telling me
A part of me did it because of my pride
A part of me did it because I felt
I needed to protect things
Yet who was I kidding

So here's what I realized and know
You can drive me crazy
And I believe I'm starting to know your story
I can't wait to hear more
I know you've been placed in my life for a reason
And I wouldn't have it any other way
It took me a while to see
There's so much more than what meets the eye
I'm enjoying every moment of it
And I'm thankful and feel so blessed
For all your understanding and patience
Slowly, I'm learning to understand another
Something I never believed could be possible to do
After what I've had to overcome

Hopefully you can understand
This is all new to me
I've never truthfully felt like this before
Nor had the capability of feeling this open and free
I don't feel that I have to be in the spotlight
Nor to I have to expose everything to the world
I'm just enjoying flying by the seat of my pants
Have the chance to be free, open, and me
Enjoying our random encounters
The world being clueless
Just God guiding us

I know I've made mistakes
I know I'm not perfect
But I am a daughter of Christ
Maybe you can see the light too
And the changes that occur when
You're willing to break the chains
Not even worrying about labels
I've even throw out my list of perfection

I'm not for sure what's going to happen
But maybe you wouldn't mind
Walking into the light with me
Just shooting the breeze
Seeing how we're characters in each other's stories
We'll continue to appreciate each other
Continue knowing each other's stories
And seeing where we're meant to be
Unafraid, unashamed, seeing that we're wonderfully made
No worries about the past
Only seeing what miracles that God has planned

So what do you say
We've got some conversations for another time?

No comments:

Post a Comment