Tuesday, September 4, 2012

J. Ko Side: Day 2 of Plus USA Pageant Weekend!

So day 2 was something interesting. Another day of glitz, glam, hair, make-up, and nothing going right on time. A part of me couldn't wait for the day to be over because, even though I knew what decision I had made the day before, I wanted to go back to a normal life of research, practice, praising, and just being a daughter of Christ. However, I knew God was in control all day long. The morning started out with the delegate and model breakfeast. It was so cool because they had asked me to do the morning devo and prayer. Some how, our out of no where, I'm quoting the book first book of Joshua, on fear, strenght, and being courageous. I actually find it somewhat funny because I'm not too familiar with that book. Yet, it seemed with everyone's emotions being all over the place and lack of sleep, I guess that's what God was calling me to do. The words came out exactly how they were suppose to and I got over my own personal fear of not knowing the word. During the interview process, I had to work on finding music for the evening which, wasn't so bad. It was kind of cool to have people come up to me in the lounging area to talk to me. The most awesome part to me, was to be able to rehash about the previous nights sports games. Funny how we laughed about Penn State being defeated by Ohio! The first rehearsal of the morning was a mini workshop and full of icebreakers. It still cracks me up how I got up, still on my spiritual high, telling the girls to get over the fears and walk the red carpet. Come Joshua had some wise words and just like he told them to go to the tabernacle to confess to the Lord to make a convenant. How in the world I was on a Joshua high today, heaven only knows. Unfortuantely because of my devotion to the Lord, I missed out on one of the photo shoots and a rehearsal but, I wasn't missing Mass. It was so awesome to go to the beautiful San Feranando Catherdal in Downtown SA, even if the Mass was in Spanish. Fr. Ceasar always has beautiful was of putting the Gospel and the bible. I felt during his homily, he was talking words I needed to hear. He said something about how Mark was talking on regardless of what's going on, we're always traveling down a road and God has it all planned out for us, we can't defile each other. Then he spoke about James and the fact we're gifts from above and we have so much to offer each other. (I couldn't remember the rest because I got distract by the stained glass window of St. Anthony.) By the time mass got out, it was literally get back to the hotel, get back to the room, fix hair, throw make-up on, change, and get everything I needed for the evening. The final dress rehearsal was fast quick and before I knew it was time for me to go work with a student from the Milan Institute, get in my opening number outfit. The whole evening for the show was a blurr to an extent. Having agents, spectators, and talent coming up to me and asking questions blow me away. Having to worry about making sure everyone was ok, the director had what she needed, I was set on track, and I was mentally prepared for my farewell performance. By the time I got to my performance, my mind was all over the place, but I was ready. Despite the busted lip, it was amazing. The feeling was amazing. I knew God was with me from the first note to the last note. The standing o can't even explain it. I wish the world could have seen it. Well the world outside of the people there, granted I don't even know who all was there but, those back home. Just having that opportunity to perform, after having to modify what I prepared do to height, was about praising the Lord. By the end of the night, I had to give my farewell speech. Well this farewell speech turned out to be my introduction to the world/nation at the Miss Plus Size USA Lifetime Ambassador. I didn't know this was happening but, I knew this was a part of God's plan. It's really sad to know this but, in the society we live in there are women and youth who need someone who can help them see it is ok to celebrate their curves and to be full of self-confidence. Maybe it is a part of my purpose in life to help others be inspired like I've been inspired. Who knows. Ultimately, there was no turning back. AFter all the crowning, signing of contracts, and packing up, we finally got food. Where'd we end up going, Taco Cabana- SCORE!!! The oddest thing is, I was telling my dad about someone of my research and I had asked him about me and starting to date one day. I said, would the guy have to call you to get permission. His response, "Well he's lucky I don't have a gun." My dad, the pharmacist, son of a former military man/machanic, said it that. Go figure. Nevertheless, that statement right there, and enjoying some of the best Tex-Mex food, a Dr Pepper, and getting to be in basketball shorts, a t-shirt, and flip flops. It was like paradise!! Well I was most certainly glad that the only thing left was the Farewell Brunch the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment