Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 6: Let your Heart be alive because bitterness is pretty ugly!

One of the hardest thing in life maintain the thoughts of being extremely bitter at someone because they have challenged you and pushed your buttons in so many ways that you're done.  However, when you least likely expect it, God puts his hands at work and intervines.  Thus, allowing you to have your eyes opened and your mind challenged, so to speak.

Sometimes we never expect to see a person, who has challenge our faith or ways of life to appear at Mass.  Yes, I was caught off guard and shocked, I soon realized that God was trying to do something that I could not control.  I needed to let him show me why this young man was here. 

As I sat, distracted, listening to the message being told by Father Francis on repenting and believing and going from darkness to light.  Later as the night progressed, even as into today, I thought about how this man knows my testimony too.  Everything that a part of me is ashamed of, what caused me to once live in darkness, I can be in light.  Crazy how here I am being bitter towards him, yet, the Lord's some how allowing him to accept me and my faith.  Therefore, all of this has really guided me to see, that instead of being bitter, we should allow our hearts to be open to encouraging love and acceptance.

We've been raise to see that it is better to love and to be alive.  Even if we have a difference with someone, we should reach out and love them even more, not turn them away.  Bitterness is pretty ugly and doesn't all your beautiful soul to shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment