Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 1 of my Lenten Travels: God Gave Me You

A friend of mine suggested to me that I should take the time and create a blog about my world of thoughts.  As I was flying back from Disney World last night, I thought that this year for Lent, I would spend 40 days, writing nothing but positive and encouraging words. 

If anyone's heard the song, "God Gave Me You," many can interrupt it as leaning towards God giving someone their significant other, however I see it in a different sense.  After going through preparation for competiton and experiencing competition, from the first moment I heard that on my Launchcast player, I thought about all the amazing people God has blessed me with.  Thus, I soon realized about 5 weeks ago, the people who have been with me on my ups and downs, constantly supporting, and always cheering me on in their own ways. Nevertheless, giving me an understanding to relate to the song.

I am a firm believer that gives us people in our lives to teaches us so many things that we don't know or we might need clarification on.  Also, to help continue fill our life with humanly goodness and joy.  Even though I can have a strong spiritual life, it is so amazing to be able to share the good news and everything that is happening in my life with the "Angels" in my life.  Through the good times and bad times, it seems someone is always humanly there and I couldn't ask for more. 

No one may understand how a song can truly impact a person emotionally but, it does. I've been praying to God everyday how if it wouldn't of been for that song, I don't think I could have made it through the past months without it and understanding things.  A year ago, I was told I couldn't twirl or workout ever again but, look things now.  I'm so thankful for all of my rocks in my life, without you'd I'd be lost and unable to have achieved many of my dreams.

So I encourage you this Lenten season, find a song, scripture, or something movitational and share it with someone.  Remember, everything that happened during Jesus' 40 days, he was positive and encouraging.  He wasn't afraid to share his thoughts and words.

No comments:

Post a Comment