Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Perfect Man- A List that No Longer Exist!

For so long, I had a list; a list of the perfect man and all the qualities he had to have.  You know, ironically, I believe a part of me met the perfect man who knocked me off my feet and completely captivated my heart.  

Here's the list I once had: 

I know every girl has a wish. Has a dream. However, we always tend to find ourselves placing these forts around our hearts. So, once upon a dream, I wrote this. Only simply as a meer wish and to warn you, that I know he doesn't exist. Yet, as a wise woman once told me, "be careful what you wish for" 


So read about the "Perfect Man" 


I love to meet the perfect man. And to be honest.. I'm not really looking for him either. I didn't come to college for that! Sounds corny I know but, it's true. if he happens to read this he knows who he is because he's already said it! (or maybe i was just dreaming)


The Perfect Man

He is a man with a good heart, loves God, and family plays a key role in his life. He's a person who doesn't care if I have a little extra baggage, just that he sees the good hearted and energetic person I am. He is caring, understanding, supportive, and is opened minded. He can see the goodness in everyone and is willing to lend a helping hand or a shoulder to cry on. He is respectful and thoughtful. He knows what he wants to do with his life. He knows things about you and remembers them and can read what's on your mind. When it comes to my family, he is willing to meet the parents first and get to know them and the family. AND He doesn't mind my daddy's "21 Questions."

He enjoys spending quality time with me, even if it's discussing books, movies, tv, or anything as we walk along the shoreline and the sun sets. OR just sitting outside underneath the South Texas Stars. Or my favorite thing, just sitting together, in each other's company, enjoying every moment together.

As for his looks, he'll have the most exquisite emerald eyes or he'll have those , bold, boundless and blissful blue eyes. With just look into them, you can see your eyes in them and they are glistening back at you while, you can see the depths of his soul. He'll have that shaggy, yet short, brown hair, that if given the opportunity, you run through it or that Beach Boy blonde hair. 

Mostly about this man; he's confident, content, positive, and my biggest cheerleader and I am his. He's a one woman show. He sees me for the "REAL" southern girl that I am and remembers what makes me so intriguing. As I see him for who he really is and how intriguing he is.

Who know's he could even drive a Chevy or  Ford truck, that's perfect for those drives to the middle of no where or for laying in the bed of the truck to enjoy the Texas Stars!

Here's the thing, I wrote this very detailed list on 6/20/2006, the very day my godbrother was sent off to basic training.  Yet  now, as I look back, I am not even for sure if the perfect man truly doesn't exist. Maybe I was blinded by things.  


Now here's the thing, all of this doesn't matter anymore. All that matters to me, if I had a list would be, he's a man of god, can manage money well, would be willing to actually sit in a Catholic service, (of course family and education is a given), and loves me for who I am and wouldn't expect me to change.  Crazy part is, it took me finding perfect and getting my heart broken to see that I'm not ready for a relationship. Funny part is, the "perfect man" knows I have a list but, he doesn't even know it! Life does have it twist! 

No comments:

Post a Comment