Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I Just Wanna Be Free: A J. Ko Song

Wrote 12/12/12

I've been traveling this unmarked road called life
Only to have discovered it's been
Full of the unexpected
You might as well just
Call it the blessed broken road
God's sure had his hand in it
He's sent me amazing Angels
To watch over me and help me
I couldn't ask for more
No matter what happens
My faith's stronger than anything
Only time can tell
What'll happen and where I'll up
Just know...


Chorus
I wanna be free
I just wanna be me
I just wanna be who I am meant to be
For I know I am whole and complete
I am a child of God
Serving him and praising him
Trustin him with my life
Letting Go of my past
Only living each day to the fullest
Loving with all my heart
And praying for all I meet
So Lord just let me be and free me
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah...


Well my heart's been broken, duct taped, glued, and put back together
I know who I want to put all the blame on
But I'll tell ya
I have no shame
I may have believed
I found my perfect match
Yet once I discovered the truth
You might as well have lit that match
Because honey,
Perfect wasn't everything
He didn't complete me
Because I am whole
And he brought me down sometimes
Most of all
I couldn't trust him
So now I sing out loud...


Chorus

Now that its all been said and done
I'm putting my trust in the hands of the Lord
Seeking him every moment and with every breath I take
Seeing who he's placed in my life
The people I can trust and count on (Always)
Not having to worry or fear
This is the time to change for all the good
A time to do what's right
Regain focus and get on the right track
oh, oh, oh
Believing one day
I'll conquer the world
Seeing all things are possible
Being able to trust with all my heart
Keeping my faith going strong
Letting it all go, uh oh oh
Lord

Chorus
Repeat

I just wanna be

No comments:

Post a Comment