Thursday, August 30, 2012

Yes fairy god-sister, Jenn does have an ideal perfect man

The other evening, as I was conversing with my sister in Christ, also know as my fairy god-sister, had asked me even though I was tackling my research and twirling, I had to think of the ideal man and what qualities I wanted in him. A part of me couldn't believe that she had asked me that. I mean for the longest time, I've always known the qualities I've wanted in my future husband. In 2006, I even wrote down on paper the qualities of a man, the probably didn't even exist. I began explaining to her, I've always dreamed of a man who had blonde hair, blue eyes, tall, a great physique, a great smile that could light up the room, probably a owner of a truck, and a good ol' Texas man. He had to have a good heart and soul and deeply in love with the Lord. That was the most important quality of all. He had to be non-judgemental, caring, sweet, kind, respectable, possibly a prankster at times, but, at the end of the day understanding, supportive, and a cheerleader. He'd have to be a man of patience and intellegence. I mean I've always dreamed of ending up with a man entering into the field of science, health, or law. He'll have to be able to put up with my Daddy's 21 questions, my crazy family who's very supportive but,taught me some great reciepes in the kitchen, the fact that I love sports but, then again love movies, music, musicals, and culture. Mostly, that I'm a down to earth Southern girl who's respectable and values life and education. However, I told her, none of that really matter. What did I know. I have no experience. I've never been in a relationship, nor have I 've been kissed. For all I know, I'd be that 25 year old teacher/minister who's never been kissed. Seriously, when was God going to find a man who I could be my best friend and future husband and be my human prince charming to share that special moment with. Granted she laughed at me a little and told me that I shouldn't be so picky but, she was surprised I had him all dreamed up. She also told me I shouldn't be so closed minded and that I should be willing to seize opportunities or an opportunity before it was too late. I joke and still think of what I told her, who in this world would want to be with someone who is dedicated to her work and the Lord, serving him every day and using her gifts to the best of her abilities, glorifing him. I don't need a man who is like a little boy. I need a man to know that I'm going to support him and be there for him, with the same respect. Oh yes, he'll have to be a Dr Pepper man too. I mean an ideal date would be to one of the Dr Pepper muesumes or sitting on the back of his tailgate sharing a converstation drinking Dr Pepper underneath the Texas sky. At the end of the night's converstation, I told her it was all of God's plan. Regardless of my "perfect man" that a part of me want's to still hope that the perfect man does exist yet, these qualities are still hard to believe. I just hope one day there will be a man I can just feel I can be myself with and I know when I'm with him, looking in his eyes, that it's all part of God's plan, and I can see the man I'm suppose to spend the rest of my life with. I'm home, free, and out of harms way.

No comments:

Post a Comment