Saturday, March 30, 2013

Week 5 through Holy Saturday of Lent

As these last week of Lent comes to an end and Easter comes upon us, we get to see the amazing wonders of Christ our King rising from the Grave!  I can't believe how these past few weeks have been and what a journey it has been. I am so blessed that I have been able to share so many thoughts with y'all and have been able to see the changes, for the better, and the awesomeness of God as I've been traveling down my crazy broken road of life.

For those of you have heard, my Lenten sacrifice was trying to get a relationship with a male, develop a crush on a male, or fall for another man; just simply focus on my relationship with Christ.  Yes, when I first stated this to my those around me, people laughed at me and said I couldn't do this. My favorite line I received was, "Every season it's like you have a new crush, there's NO way you're going to make it through this!" HOWEVER, God surely has had his hand in this.

It has been hard being patient at times and steering away from my emotional feels.  It has been an emotional battle to follow the path of Christ and to be a Daughter who is opening my heart and trusting him with all my might.  Yes, there has been times when I wanted to just crack and break like an egg but, I knew in my heart God has had a plan for me and nothing is an accident.

So how do you suggest I have been able to stay on my feet through this process?

I have an amazing support system and believe my love for the Lord has shined like no other.  I have learned so much about myself and tried to regain focus.  As much as I've wanted to snap many times, I had to maintain my cool.  Often during the past 5 weeks, I have wanted to give up or bury myself in my work, I have learned to rely on my faith.  More importantly, even as people have walked out of my life, people have walked in, and new doors have opened.

I am not sure if this sounds nuts or not, I am anxious to see if I'll be able to keep promise while I continue my schooling, studies in the word, and my athletic career.  I've already had to decided what is more important to me.  Who knows what will happen next.

I wish all of you a Happy Easter!

Remember he has reason and he's paid it!

No comments:

Post a Comment