Sunday, July 15, 2012

Love Can Change Lives

Call it ironic. Call it a coincidental.  Call it a part of God's plan.  Over the past 3 days, a topic of discussion has been "Your Calling" and "Serving."  One Friday night I had the opportunity to twirl for the kids at VBS in Stockdale, give a mini version of my testimony, and explain to them that we each have a calling and we should go out to the world and let our lights shine so that man can see our goodness.  Let me tell you that this was completely unexpected and spur of the moment but, completely fulfilling and I felt like I was doing what God had called me to do.

Now let's flash foward to today's Homily.  Deacon Zeke at St. Margaret Mary's in San Antonio gave beautiful yet, almost must needed to hear talk about how God calls each of us because he lives in us.  You never know when he calls us but, when he does, he does.  Even when the doors get shut in our faces, we need to continue going out and spreading the good news.  Doors will eventually open. 
He closed by telling a portion of his testimony.  He said people will notice when God has entered your life and when you've truly accepted him. (Kind of ironic because it sounds like a year and half ago in my life.)  His concluding remark was "Love. Love is important.  We live in a world with so much damage and violence and hate.  Just know, that the love of one person can change the lives of another."

Then it hit me, I was looking up on Jesus and found myself talking to him and God.  For the first time I realized something.  I realized that I was a mere servant called to do the works of God in whatever he wanted me to do but, for the first time I realized that he's preparing a man for me who will have a humble heart and love me for me. When the time is right, God will show me.  I know I will not be the lonely servant just loving cats and the Lord.

What a crazy realization.  I mean I'm not really anyone important but, I know am someone who's always answering the call and willing to love someone regardless.

WOW it is true, love the greatest gift of all does have so much power in this world and on a human's life!

No comments:

Post a Comment