Sunday, June 30, 2013

Mr. Perfect: A J Ko Song


Mr. Perfect

By J Ko

Written 30 June 2013

Verse:

I’ve always dreamed of the perfect man

About 6 feet tall

Blonde hair, boundless blue eyes

Athletic stature

Any girl’s dream

A little bit of Southern comfort

A heart full of compassion and love

But mainly a Godly man

Who can stand

This crazy dream!

 

Chorus:
But sadly that whole vision

Disappeared some time ago

When I met a man

Should I say a boy

Who met all my criteria

Had my heart

Made me feel on top of the world

Turned out to not be so perfect

Deep down in his heart and soul

He still needed work

For he was too far gone

And it only too me

The first 24 years of my life

To figure it all out

That perfect didn’t exist

Yeah perfect didn’t exist

So I just throw that list away

And forgot about trying to wait for

Mr. Perfect

Verse:

Now that I’m 25

I feel free as a bird

Trying to just live  

Not worry about Mr. Perfect

Thinkin about him

How we’ll have our happily ever after

Rootin’ for each other

Being each other’s best friend

 

Chorus

Verse:

I use to wonder

What it’d be like

To find a future coach or doctor

To sweep me off my feet

Spend our time

Discussing books, life sports, music

And about our devotion to God

As walk along the shores in the sunset

Mostly finding I’m falling’ more in love

With a man

Who love God more than I do

But now it’s a hazy vision

Truth is

 

Chorus

Verse:

Will one day

The man God’s plan

Be better than the one

I use to dream of

We’ll just have to

Wait and see

If throwing a list away

Was the best thing to do

Lord please help me

Chorus

Verse:

So this crazy dreamer

Is going about her ways

Seeing the world

Touching lives

Making a difference

And seeing if

Maybe one day she’ll

Have someone to share it all with .

But for now

This is the way

Oh yeah.. this is the way

It has to be

Chorus x 2

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment