Saturday, June 29, 2013

Dancin' to Matlida's Waltz: A J Ko Song


Dancin' to Matilda’s Waltz

By: J. Ko

Finalized 29 Jun 2013 Began, 10 Jun 2013

 

There she stood, swaying to Matilda’s waltz.

A part of her wondered

what it would be like to sing with the singer that night.

Then she says

“I know god has a my road mapped out for me and

Maybe my voice isn’t meant to

 Be heard this way. Oh no.

It’s not meant to be heard on a public stage.”

 

C

She sighs and prays while swaying to the beat of Matilda’s waltz

 'God just show me your will for me & I’ll go yes papa.

I’ve served you all my life so far
Could you show me where I’m supposed to go
On this Broken road I’ve been travelling on.

I know it’s blessed and full of hope and love

Yet a part of me believes I’ll never have my chance

To be out there on the dance floor

Smilin’ away, Dancin’ away, with no worries
To Matlida’s Waltz

 

As the band played on

She could only dream

1 day her prince would find her

 Ask her to dance

 When their eyes met

He’d know she was the he was meant to be with

The one he was praying for all his life.

They danced as Matilda’s melody played on

Seemin as only them & god existed. What a moment.

Yeah what a moment it’d be

 

C

 

 She just smiled.

Maybe he was just an illusion a dream a bittersweet thought.

God needed to give her clarity.

She wanted to see parts of the world.

Who knows maybe change it

one song or by touching one child’s life at a time.

How could she have it all?

The world still knew little about her.

Papa a little help, please.

 

C

 

As she saw people dancing around her, she gazed in wonderment.

Someday soon she hoped,

She be hearing this waltz play.

While her parents danced in delight,

The room filled with mystic and  passion,

Laughter expressed

 She & God’s charming gettin to explore

A not so broken road.

 Explorin the world and touchin lives.

Erasin the marks of the past.

As she closed her eyes

 

c.

 

So maybe this is all a fairytale but a girl can dream

No comments:

Post a Comment