Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Checking You're Baggage: Day 2 of FCA leadership Camp


It’s the first full day of camp, and I can completely feel that change is happening.  I’m not for sure why any of the events prior to camp happen but, I’m really glad that they did.  A part of me laughs so hard how I really like this one guy for about 4 months, only to discover, after I believed that I somewhat made a little fool out of myself in attempt to make an impression on him thinking that Papa God had chosen him for me, he had a girlfriend.  Did I cry? On the inside I did but, on the outside now.  All I could say was, I should have expected it.  Yes, I had done my research however; I should have known it was logically typical.  9 out of 10 times, majority of the males I have liked or crushed on have ended up in a relationship, with a child, married, or of homosexual orientation. As one person has quoted it, “You’re not a good luck Chuck, you’re a Good Luck Jennifer.”  Now, I’ll admit I was silent and speechless.  I wanted to beat a wall because after being distraught over the last male, I should have prepared myself better for this not to play out the way I had hoped. Nevertheless, in away the timing of it to fail couldn’t have been perfect.

Coming to FCA Leadership Camp training and being told to check the baggage at the door, was an AMAZING phrase because, that is what I did.  All the little pettiness I had prior to camp training I didn’t want anymore.  Who needed it?  This opportunity to be a huddle leader for leadership camp was a dream come true. 

So let’s fast forward!  Fast forward to a day after 2 huddle meetings, 1 chapel meeting, and competition.  I’ve been blessed with an amazing group of young ladies who are teaching me more than they know.  I’m being taught how to open up more and to understand that after to surrendering to God after last year’s weekend of champions, he’s in control and has an amazing plan for me.

 I know that this is short but, I’m totally in the zone right now, and feeling the Holy spirit guiding me!  Now off to relax, enjoy the rest of free time and the rest of Day 2!  Viva Las Rojas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment